At UnitedHealth Group, we strive to deliver consistent performance, solid fundamental execution and an innovative approach to health care. We are privileged to be recognized with awards for our work.
UnitedHealth Group Recognition
- UnitedHealth Group was the top ranking company in the insurance and managed care sector on Fortune’s 2013 “World’s Most Admired Companies” list. This is the third straight year UnitedHealth Group ranked No. 1 overall in its sector and the fourth year in a row the company has been rated No. 1 in innovation.
- Fortune magazine ranked UnitedHealth Group No. 17 in the 2013 rankings in its sector of the 500 largest U.S. corporations based on 2012 revenues.
- UnitedHealth Group was named to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, a blue chip group of 30 companies deemed industry leaders (2012).
- UnitedHealth Group has been listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and Dow Jones North America Index annually since 1999.
- UnitedHealth Group was awarded a gold medal for sustainability practices in RobecoSAM and KPMG’s Sustainability Yearbook 2013. RobecoSAM assesses the sustainability performance of more than 2,000 companies across 58 sectors.
- The Product Development and Management Association recognized UnitedHealth Group with the 2011 Outstanding Corporate Innovator Award. The award recognizes sustained (five or more years) quantifiable business results from new products and services.
- Corporate Responsibility magazine ranked UnitedHealth Group among the world’s top corporate citizens on the “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list. Companies are evaluated in seven areas, from environment and employee relations to philanthropy (2012).
- UnitedHealth Group was recognized as one of America’s most community-minded companies in the Civic 50, the first scientific evaluation to rank the companies that use their time, talent and resources to improve the quality of life where they do business (2012).
- Second Harvest Heartland, one of the nation’s largest food banks, recognized UnitedHealth Group with a 2013 Hunger Hero award in the Volunteer category for making a compassionate and transformational impact on those who are hungry in the heartland.
- United Health Foundation was recognized with the Extraordinary Philanthropic Award from the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (2012).
- UnitedHealth Group earned a top rating of 100 percent on the 2013 Corporate Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign.
- UnitedHealth Group was named a 2013 Diversity Leader by Profiles in Diversity Journal, for continuous communication of diversity and inclusion programs and ideas.
- U.S. Veterans Magazine ranked UnitedHealth Group among the top 100 companies for recruiting veterans on its list of the “Best of the Best” (2012).
- UnitedHealth Group was designated a 2013 Military Friendly Employer by Victory Media®, publisher of G.I. Jobs.
- UnitedHealth Group received the “Above and Beyond Award” in 2012, which recognizes employers who have gone above and beyond the legal requirements for granting leave and providing support for military duty by their employees.
- UnitedHealth Group was recognized as one of 2012’s “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health.
UnitedHealthcare and Optum Recognition
- UnitedHealthcare was honored with three 2013 ClearMark Awards from the Center for Plain Language. For three consecutive years the company has earned ClearMark Awards in recognition of its efforts to simplify health care communications for its customers.
- The Customer Experience Professionals Association recognized UnitedHealthcare with a 2012 CX Innovation Award for its multifaceted approach to engaging employees in the member experience.
- The American Medical Association’s 2013 National Health Insurer Report Card rated UnitedHealthcare No.1 in claims-processing accuracy among the seven leading commercial health insurers.
- UnitedHealthcare received the Technology Award from Medicaid Health Plans of America’s Center for Best Practices for its telemedicine services used to treat children with complex medical conditions on the Navajo Nation (2012).
- UnitedHealthcare was named to the 2012 InformationWeek 500, a list of America’s top technology innovators, for creating a state-of-the-art data and analytic platform to improve customer service.
- UnitedHealthcare received an Appy Award for its Health4Me mobile app. Health4Me was honored in the “Healthcare & Fitness” category for creativity and excellence in app design.
- UnitedHealthcare’s Latino Health Solutions bilingual mobile website that provides health and wellness information tailored to Hispanics’ specific cultural and language needs was a 2012 eHealthcare Leadership award winner.
- UnitedHealthcare was honored with the Corporate Leadership Award by Sesame Workshop for its efforts to support health worldwide (2012).
- Optum was recognized with the WEDI Corporate Leadership Award (2012). WEDI is the leading authority on the use of health IT to improve health care information exchange.
- America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) named Optum a 2012 Select Program Partner for helping health insurers solve critical challenges. The AHIP Select Program showcases innovative, exceptional companies that are making a positive impact on the health care industry.
- Modern Healthcare ranked Optum No. 13 on its “2012 Management Consulting Firm Survey” of the nation’s 80 largest health care management consulting firms.
- The My Medication Reminders program from OptumRx received platinum honors by URAC for Best Practices in Health Care Consumer Empowerment and Protection (2012).
- Achievers, a leader in employee rewards and recognition software, named OptumRx to its list of the 50 Most Engaged WorkplacesTM in the United States (2012). This annual award recognized top employers that display leadership and innovation in engaging their employees.
- Steve Hemsley, president and CEO, UnitedHealth Group, was ranked No. 7 on Modern Healthcare’s annual ranking of the 100 most Influential People in Healthcare (2012), and was named to the SmartMoney Power 30, an annual list of individuals shaping economic currents around the world (2012).
- Fortune ranked Gail Boudreaux, CEO, UnitedHealthcare, No. 28 on its annual list of the 50 Most Powerful Women in Business (2012).
- For the second consecutive year (2013), Gail Boudreaux, CEO, UnitedHealthcare, was named one of the “Top 25 Women in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare.
- Jeannine Rivet, executive vice president, UnitedHealth Group, received the 2013 Nursing Spectrum/Gannett Foundation Award that recognizes individuals who have made noteworthy contributions to higher education and/or health care.
- Kate Rubin, vice president, Social Responsibility, UnitedHealth Group, and president, United Health Foundation, was named a Women Worth Watching 2013 award winner by Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- Rita, Johnson-Mills, senior vice president, State Partnerships and Accountability, UnitedHealthcare Community & State, was named one of Savoy magazine’s Top Influential Women in Corporate America 2012.