2013 Shining Light Award Call for Entries
Deadline to submit nominations:
Mar. 22, 2013
We know corporate America can and should play a key role in the health and well-being of our communities, and our customers continue to be trailblazers and thought leaders in the area of corporate social responsibility.
The Shining Light Award provides the opportunity to shine a light on the best of the best, to recognize outstanding programs and to light the way for others to follow.
The Shining Light: Leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility Award honors one UnitedHealthcare customer that has demonstrated excellence in social responsibility. The award will be presented at the 2013 UnitedHealthcare National Accounts Annual Customer Forum. All UnitedHealthcare customers with 3,000 or more employees are invited to apply.
Who is eligible?
Any UnitedHealthcare customer with more than 3,000 employees.
What is the timing for the award?
Feb. 11, 2013 Award nomination period opens
Mar. 22, 2013 Deadline for award nominations
May 14-16, 2013 Recipient announced at the 2013 UnitedHealthcare National Accounts Annual Customer Forum in Scottsdale, Ariz.
What are the criteria for the award?
The award recognizes a program that demonstrates overall excellence in social responsibility by addressing an important health or other basic need in society.
The selection of the award recipient will be based on:
- Creation of shared value-providing mutual benefit to the company or organization and to society
- Innovation and/or leadership in addressing the challenge
- Demonstration of impact and measurable results
What will the award recipient receive?
- A donation of $25,000 to an eligible nonprofit organization of the award recipient's choice
- Presentation of the award and recognition at the 2013 National Accounts Annual Customer Forum
- Optional presentation of award at the recipient's corporate office
- Communications announcing the recipient and a press release in the winner's local market.
We encourage you to apply for the award and look forward to learning about your leadership in social responsibility. For questions, please call your primary contact at UnitedHealthcare.