Retiree / Direct Billing
Retiree / Direct Billing services are available to employers who provide health care benefits to their retirees and dependents but require them to pay a portion of the cost or to participants on FMLA, long term disability or any other program where the participant is required to pay all or a portion of the cost of any benefit. Record keeping and premium collection associated with retiree / direct benefit administration is often time-consuming and cumbersome for employers.
UnitedHealthcare has automated systems that can provide this administrative function efficiently, accurately and affordably.
- Comprehensive communication materials to notify retirees of UnitedHealthcare's role
- Complimentary distribution of payment coupons
- Monthly premium collection done systematically to verify accuracy, if shortage/insufficient funds surface, payments top immediately
- Optional monthly premium withdrawal (ACH) from participant's checking or savings account at no extra charge
- Prompt delivery of a monthly consolidated check
- Payment status of enrolled retirees
- Summary listing of coverage terminations
- Disbursement listing of carriers, coverages, participants, and premium amounts
Data Management with data archival going back at least 7 years.
Customer Service provided toll-free support through our Customer Care Center.