Where individuality and innovation come together.
We embrace and encourage a culture of diversity and inclusion by embedding it into our core values. By honoring diversity, we help to ensure our collective success, as well as the health and well-being of our customers. We have developed innovative materials, programs and services to address the unique health education and insurance needs of a growing diverse population.
Diversity in the Workplace
We don't just say diversity is important at UnitedHealthcare, we prove it with our own diversified workforce. By building a talented, diverse team, we can better meet the unique needs of the multicultural customers and communities we serve.
The total sum of an individual's background, experiences, perspectives and beliefs will affect their work and how they do it. Our goal is to attract strong contributors and ensure that their ideas will be heard, respected and valued. Can you imagine the possibilities that arise from that? We can.
That's why we work with diverse organizations and collaborate with universities across the country through campus initiatives. We also take action to employ and advance qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. In addition, we actively seek to collaborate with diverse suppliers that reflect the multicultural markets we serve.
Serving our Diverse Customers
We also prove our commitment to diversity and our desire to improve outcomes for minorities by offering programs and resources for specific markets including:
- African Americans Generations of Wellness®
- Asian American Health including:
- Latino Health Solutions
- Multicultural Solutions for Older Adults
- Diabetes Pilot Increasing screenings and improving care management for African Americans and Hispanics
Diversity a Social Responsibility
Diversity and inclusion is rooted deeply in our mission. It's not just a part of our workforce and our membership, but it is also a critical part of our volunteer efforts. We are proud to be a part of the following philanthropic activities promoting diversity:
- 500,000 Wishes Encouraging effective advance health care planning for minority populations. The tool is available in 22 languages.
- Community Health Centers of Excellence The United Health Foundation helps community health centers across the country increase access to and improve the quality of health care. The centers are selected based on the high prevalence of health problems linked to known racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic disparities.
- Dollars for Doers UnitedHealth Group supports employee commitment to volunteerism.
- Medicare Made Clear Helping Our Seniors We saw seniors struggling with Medicare, so we created the nationally recognized Medicare Made Clear (PDF) guide. Today the guide is available in four languages.
- Hispanic Medicare Education Free Spanish-language education DVD that was distributed across the country to Hispanics and caregivers.
- Shine Arizona An innovative social marketing and community-based outreach program.
- Geriatric Certification Training Program
- Peace of Heart
- Diverse Scholars Program
Recognition for Leadership
Don't take our word for it. Take it from the reputable organizations that have awarded UnitedHealth Group for excellence in serving diverse populations.
Contact a Representative