Getting the Most Out of Your Health Care Plan
Wellness resources can result in a happier, healthier workforce.
Incentives to stay healthy can result in a happier, healthier, more productive workplace and may lead to cost savings for your business.
Studies show that employers who support wellness have a positive impact on their workplace: increased productivity, reduced absenteeism and presenteeism (working while sick), lower overall healthcare costs and increased employee satisfaction.
Here’s how we can help.
Our health plans make employee wellness a priority by encouraging employees to become active, informed health care users. Your employees can learn to:
- Improve their health
- Improve the quality and lower the cost of medical services
- Manage chronic conditions
We help your employees assess their health.
After completing a confidential health assessment, employees will have a personal health plan and a wealth of tools to take charge of their health. Employees can journal, learn proper exercise techniques, start a nutrition plan, and use online quizzes, calculators, and demonstrations to start a healthier lifestyle.
They also have access to:
- Online Health Coaching classes, including weight loss, fitness, smoking cessation, stress management, heart health and diabetes programs
- Our vast library of health and wellness articles, powered by OptumHealth
- Their personal health record of conditions, medications, procedures and lab results
- 24/7 phone advice from UnitedHealthcare nurses
- Customized wellness e-newsletters
- Health statements, including expenses, helpful reminders and tips to improve health based on their claims activity
Take advantage of health and wellness discounts.
Your employees may be offered discounts on health- and wellness-related products and services, including:
- Fitness, nutrition, weight management, vitamins and supplements
- Alternative care (chiropractic care, acupuncture, natural medicine and massage therapy)
- Vision care, including vision correction surgery
- Dental care, including whitening, straightening and cosmetic care
- Long-term care (adult day care, assisted living, home care, nursing facilities and medical supplies)
- Hearing care, including hearing aids and other devices
Commitment to Wellness
Health & Wellness
Request an employer group quote
Find a broker