According to the American Heart Association, heart disease is the leading cause of death for African American males and females. Fortunately, UnitedHealthcare offers tools and resources that can help you maintain your heart health.
Learn what the numbers mean and test your knowledge
Your blood pressure can directly affect your risk for heart disease and stroke. Learn about high blood pressure and the importance of maintaining a health level.
Learn how to prevent heart disease with myuhc.com
Be proactive. Prevent heart disease and heart attacks. Get help from these tools on myuhc.com®:
- Personal Health Record. Keep track of your cholesterol and blood pressure. Make sure they stay in the safe zones.
- Heart Attack Risk Calculator. Find out if you're at risk for a heart attack. Then, take action to lower your risk levels.
- Online Health Coach. Lower high cholesterol and high blood pressure with help from an online health coach.
- QuitSmart Stop Smoking Kit. Quit smoking to help lower your chances of developing heart disease. Join our discounted smoking cessation program.
Log on to myuhc.com to find all of these heart-healthy resources. To get there:
myuhc.com >> Health & Wellness >> Personal Health Record
myuhc.com >> Health & Wellness >> Tools >> Informational Tools >> Heart Attack Risk Calculator
myuhc.com >> Health & Wellness >> Online Health Coach
myuhc.com >> Extra Programs & Discounts >> Health Allies >> Wellness >> Smoking Cessation
Seek expert treatment from a cardiac specialty center
Get help finding the best cardiac doctors and health centers with the UnitedHealth Premium program. These designated physicians and specialty clinics meet or exceed our quality of care standards. All you have to do is look for the stars.
- Two Stars: Quality and Cost Efficiency A doctor has met guidelines for quality of care and for the efficient use of resources in delivering health care.
- One Star: Quality of Care A doctor has met quality of care guidelines by following evidence-based medical standards and practices.
To use UnitedHealth Premium program:
- Go to myuhc.com >> Physicians & Facilities. Look for the star ratings in your search results.
- Or visit MyChoiceNotChance.com for a free interactive guide. Learn how to use the Find a Physician or Facility search tool. And find out how the program evaluates and designates physicians.
Some UnitedHealthcare condition management, wellness programs and services may not be available in all states for all group sizes. Please check the certificate of coverage for your employer's health plan.