Offer your retirees access to an intelligent choice of quality reputable health care plans that may reduce your costs and theirs with our Connector Model.
What is the Connector Model?
The Connector Model is an exchange model that can help connect retirees to individual health coverage options based on their needs. We use a retiree engagement strategy to help the retiree feel comfortable and confident in their plan selection.
How can the Connector Model benefit my organization?
Our goal is to help you achieve your financial targets and realize greater operational efficiencies, while supporting a smooth and positive health care coverage transition for your retirees.
- Service. A smooth transition for your retirees can be easy with our easy-to-understand educational materials, online tools, decision support services and Medicare-specialized call center.
- Positive retiree experience. Less disruption for groups who aren’t entirely ready to move retirees to the individual market.
- Richer Benefits. More health and wellness benefits and a broader drug formulary than some individual Medicare Advantage plans and Original Medicare.
- Safety Net. Optional default plan for retirees who miss employer/plan sponsor enrollment deadlines.
How does it benefit retirees?
With the Connector Model, your retirees are able to choose the type of individual health coverage that best fits their needs and budget. Retirees can benefit from:
- Plan choice. We offer an array of distinct Medicare health care choices that meet a continuum of needs including Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D and Special Needs plans.
- Comprehensive education and enrollment support. Retiree call center professionals, online tools and printed materials can help retirees choose the UnitedHealthcare plan(s) that are right for them.
- Convenience. Retirees can visit our website to learn about Medicare options and research plans based on price and location. They can also call our call center and speak to a customer care representative
- Dental and vision coverage option. Coverage for retirees, their spouses and dependent children where available. Availability based on geography and may not be available in all states.
- Excellent customer care.
- Average Speed to Answer (ASA): 36 seconds
- Advisor Tenure: 6½ years
- Over 80% of retirees call in two or fewer times during the transition process
- Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., local time, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Telephonic Enrollment for all plans
What are the Employer Subsidy Options?
- Retiree Reimbursement Account (RRA)
Retirees can select health plans and be reimbursed for qualified health care expenses. The employer funds a certain dollar amount which the retiree can use to reimburse him or her for qualified expenses, which may include premiums and other eligible expenses.
- Split Billing
This billing feature is available at no additional cost. The employer may subsidize a full premium or a flat dollar amount of the premium. The subsidy flat dollar amount can be split between prescription drug or medical plan expenses, it must be applied to one or both. Your retirees can elect to pay their portion of the premium by coupon book or electronic funds transfer. The employer can be billed for their portion of the premium separately.
Learn more about the Connector Model
Talk with a representative about how the Connector Model can work for you.
Request more information
Read our disclaimer