Group Senior Supplement Plans
Enhance your retirees' Original Medicare (Medicare Parts A & B) plan benefits with UnitedHealthcare's Senior Supplement plan - created just for group-sponsored retirees.
Group Senior Supplement Plans
Provide nationwide group supplement coverage for your retirees to help pay for the costs not covered by Original Medicare coverage.
How can Group Senior Supplement plans benefit my organization?
Group Senior Supplement may plans free you from claims risk while providing your retirees with quality medical coverage. Retirees can benefit from:
- Flexible plan designs. Choose from 16 standard insurance plan designs. Custom plans are available for large groups.
- Reduced financial risk. All UnitedHealthcare® Senior Supplement insurance plans are fully insured, allowing you to predict costs more effectively.
- Medicare Part D coverage option. Add a Part D prescription drug insurance plan to provide more complete retiree health care coverage. You could save money and end your reliance on the RDS program.
- Knowledgeable and retiree-focused. Sales representatives and client management teams support you.
- Extra benefits. Optional rider benefits for routine vision, hearing and chiropractic coverage.
- Split billing. This convenient billing feature is available at no additional cost.
Where are the plans available?
Senior Supplement plans are available nationally to employers with contract sites in 43 states plus Washington, D.C. and the US Virgin Islands. Plans are not available for Florida, Louisiana, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Washington State.
How many plans can an employer choose from?
Choose from sixteen standard Senior Supplement plans or create a customized plan.
How do these plans benefit retirees?
Senior Supplement plans help your retirees get more comprehensive medical coverage. Retirees can benefit from:
- Single premium rate and plan design. Regardless of retiree’s place of residence or health conditions.
- Freedom to choose. Retirees have the freedom to choose any doctor, specialist and hospital that accepts Medicare – no provider network, no referrals required to see a specialist.
- Portability. Coverage can go with retirees if they move or have multiple residences.
- No more retiree claim forms. Virtually no claim forms. We receive claims directly from Medicare via crossover process.
- 24/7 NurseLine. Access to registered nurses for questions and resources any time or day.
- Personal and convenient service. Retiree-focused customer care professionals from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, 5 days a week.
Additional programs & services
Some Senior Supplement plans may also offer valuable features and benefits such as fitness, caregiver support and treatment decision support programs.
View additional programs and services details
Get a personalized quote
Learn more about Senior Supplement plans and ask for a quote.
Request more information
Read our disclaimer