Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 oz small rigatoni or other short pasta
- 1/2 lb sliced bacon (about 9 slices)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch arugula, thick stems discarded, torn into pieces
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate; break into pieces when cool.
- Discard all but 2 Tbsp of the drippings and return the skillet to medium heat. Add the onion, season with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the tomatoes and arugula and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
- Toss the onion-tomato mixture with the pasta and fold in the bacon. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Saturated Fat: 3g
Dietary Fiber: 5g