Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium butternut squash (about 1 lb), peeled and cut into 1/4-in. pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Romano (1 oz), plus more for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the squash is beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and simmer until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Add half the broth (1 3/4 cups) and simmer, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth and simmer, stirring once, until the rice is tender and creamy and the broth has been absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the thyme and Romano. Serve with additional Romano, if desired.
Saturated Fat: 3g
Dietary Fiber: 3g