Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-in.-thick wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 12 oz rigatoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 oz)
- Position racks to divide the oven in thirds. Heat oven to 425°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the garlic, broccoli, onion, oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper; and roast until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Arrange the bacon on a second rimmed baking sheet and roast along with the vegetables until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Break into pieces when cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup cooking water, drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid, sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan and toss to coat (add more cooking liquid if the pasta seems dry).
- Add the roasted vegetable mixture and bacon to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Saturated Fat: 5g
Dietary Fiber: 6g