Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, (seeded, if desired), finely chopped
- 1/2 small pineapple, (about 1 lb), peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1 small English cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 4 6-oz tilapia fillets
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, ginger, honey, 2 Tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Toss with the scallions, jalapeño, pineapple and cucumber.
- Heat the remaining tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the tilapia with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the fish with the rice and relish.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 1g