Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 15-oz can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into 1?4-in. pieces
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded for less heat, if desired), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with the chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the peas, cucumber, scallions, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, remaining 2 tsp oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Serve with the pork.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 5g