- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- 4 small chicken legs, split (4 drumsticks, 4 thighs; about 2 1/2 lbs. total), skin removed
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- In a 5- to 6-qt. slow cooker, whisk together the wine, brown sugar, oregano, 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the garlic, capers, prunes and olives and mix to combine.
- Add the chicken, nestling it among the olives and prunes. Cover and cook until the meat is tender and cooked through, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours; gently stir in the remaining tablespoon of vinegar and parsley.
- Thirty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to package directions. Serve the chicken, prunes, olives and cooking liquid over the rice.
Prep Tip: Although prunes are standard in marbella recipes, try substituting them with dried apricots or nectarines.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 2g