Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- 3 large all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut bite-size
- 1 large green pepper, cut in narrow strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. each minced garlic and olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 6 each chicken drumsticks and thighs (about 3 lbs.), skin and excess fat removed
- Have ready a 4 1/2-qt. or larger slow cooker.
- Put all ingredients except chicken in cooker; stir to mix. Add chicken; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on high 5 hours or on low 8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender and potatoes can be easily pierced. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 4g