myHealthcare Cost Estimator is changing the way you access personalized information, for the better. This online tool provides more validated data than any other estimator of its kind. That's because the estimates used are based on available fee schedules or contracted rates and when fee schedules/contracted rates are not available, estimates are based on claims averages for the particular provider. Plus, it's fully integrated with customer service and clinical support so you can get the answers you need.
myHealthcare Cost Estimator is available to UnitedHealthcare members at no additional cost. When you are able to get information based on your individual plan, you'll have the knowledge to better understand your choices and be in greater control of your health care.
Know the 4 Ps
- Know your procedure. Become educated on your procedure and learn about alternative treatment options that may be more cost-effective.
- Know your provider. Where available, select a quality provider through our UnitedHealth Premium® program, which rates doctors based on national industry quality standards and local market cost-efficiency benchmarks.
- Know your price. Access personalized resources to easily estimate out-of-pocket costs for your procedure based on your specific health plan.
- Know the place. Find a provider based on your geographic search criteria, view maps and print directions.
Read our member guide to learn more about the myHealthcare Cost Estimator and the 4 Ps.
Watch a video on the advantages of the myHealthcare Cost Estimator and see examples of how the tool works.
Take charge of your care with a Care Path
A Care Path is a planned treatment program that may consist of one or more health services that may span any length of time depending on the health condition being treated. Once you establish a Care Path on myHealthcare Cost Estimator, you can track your progress from the first consult to the last follow-up.
The choice is yours
We provide the cost and, where available, quality information on physicians in the specialty you need. But ultimately the choice is yours when it comes to selecting the provider and procedure you think will deliver the quality of care you demand.
Get started in three easy steps
Start using myHealthcare Cost Estimator today. It's currently available in over 45 markets, featuring in-depth information on over 100 procedures. More cities and procedures will be added soon. After all, when you take charge, you'll know more about how to make the most of your health plan.
- Register with your member health plan ID number at myuhc.com.
- Set up an email, username and password.
- Take full advantage of all the value-added benefits this online tool has to offer.