Be a Smart Patient
Download the smart patient app to help you keep track of key health numbers, record doctors' instructions, get checklists and more.
Health care benefits can be complex and confusing. And tips for staying healthy seem to change daily. UnitedHealthcare's online tools and information resources can help you make sense of it all.
Take charge of your health and wellness choices
Be proactive about your well-being. If offered by your health plan, use tools and resources to:
- Learn more about your coverage
- Look up doctors and hospitals
- Organize your medical claims
- Use tools that help you make decisions
- Learn more about health conditions and treatment options that you can discuss with your doctor
- Help improve your health with online wellness coaches and health assessments
Your 24-Hour Nurse
You can call and speak with a registered nurse anytime, anywhere to:
- Get resources to manage an illness or injury
- Recognize urgent and emergency symptoms
- Locate doctors and hospitals in your area that meet criteria for quality and efficiency of care
- Understand medication interactions and how to reduce your prescription costs
- Find a doctor or specialist, and check if a doctor is in your network and available
The nurse may even be able to make an appointment for you and assist you in coordinating your medical records.
To talk to a nurse, call the customer care number on the back of your health plan ID card.
Remember to make preventive care appointments
Preventive care visits with your doctor can help you stay healthy. This includes staying on top of common screenings, tests and immunizations.
Use our online tool to find out which immunizations and screenings are recommended for you.
Search for UnitedHealth Premium® physicians and facilities
Get help finding the right doctors and facilities for your needs with the UnitedHealth Premium® designation program. Designated physicians and specialty centers have met guidelines for providing quality and cost efficient care. All you have to do is look for the stars on myuhc.com® to find a doctor that is right for you.
- Two Stars: Quality and Cost Efficiency. A doctor has met quality of care guidelines as well as guidelines for providing cost efficient care.
- One Star: Quality of Care. A doctor has met quality of care guidelines by following evidence-based medical standards and practices.
To use the UnitedHealth Premium program:
- Or visit MyChoiceNotChance.com for a free interactive guide. Learn how to use the Find a Physician or Facility search tool. And find out how the program evaluates and designates physicians.