Heart-Healthy Pancakes With Strawberries
Forget traditional white flour. Use buckwheat instead to turn pancakes into a heart-healthy food. It's simple, different and delicious. Any type of fruit and preserves can be used.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 T reduced-sugar preserves, any flavor
- 1 cup buckwheat pancake mix, instant
- 1/4 cup light sour cream or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- In a saucepan, mix berries and preserves and cook about 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine pancake mix and make a slightly thin batter. Pour 1/3 cup onto griddle or into large nonstick pan (sprayed with cooking spray) so that the pancake covers about 5-6 inches in diameter.
- Cook until edges are dry, then flip and cook until done. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Place 1/4 cup of the berry mixture into the center of each pancake, and roll. Transfer to a plate and serve with sour cream or yogurt on top, drizzled with remaining strawberry mixture.