Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup each granulated sugar and packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp each ground cinnamon and vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
Garnish: toasted pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 350°F. You'll need 20 muffin cups lined with paper liners. Beat sugars, butter, spices, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed 2 minutes until blended.
- Beat in eggs and whites. Beat in pumpkin purée on low speed until just combined. Alternately beat in flour, then milk, until just blended. Stir in berries.
- Put 1/4 cup batter in each muffin cup. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pans on rack, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Drizzle: Up to 4 hours before serving, stir ingredients in small bowl until smooth. Scrape into a small ziptop bag. Cut a small tip from one corner of bag and drizzle over cupcakes. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrates: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Back to Healthy Recipes