Apricot Stuffed Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Recipe by Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD
- 2 (1 pound each) pork tenderloins
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced (about 7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese (can substitute with blue or feta)
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, divided
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and spray grill rack with cooking spray.
- Slice pork in half lengthwise but not all the way through to create a flat piece of meat. Lightly pound pork to ½-inch thickness.
- Combine apricots, orange rind, cheese, nuts and two tablespoons of thyme for stuffing. Distribute stuffing on each piece of pork and roll up jelly roll style lengthwise to resemble shape of pork tenderloin.
- Secure stuffed pork with kitchen twine, sprinkle with salt and pepper and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine apricot jam, orange juice, mustard and thyme to baste pork.
- Grill pork for a total of 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 155-160 degrees. Baste occasionally with apricot sauce and turn once. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, then discard twine and slice.
Saturated Fat: 4g
Dietary Fiber: 1g