Spice up your meal with this healthy mix of sautéed halibut, vegetables and cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. each dried oregano and thyme
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Alaskan halibut steaks (5 oz. each)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch mustard greens or collards (about 1/2 lb.), trimmed, rinsed and chopped
Combine the paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne and salt in a small bowl. Place the halibut on a plate and sprinkle with the seasoning to coat the fish well.
Heat two teaspoons of the olive oil in a skillet; add the peppers and mustard greens and sauté on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and the halibut. Sauté over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Serve the fish and vegetables with a baked sweet potato.
Back to Healthy Recipes