Farfalle with Salmon & Mint
Active Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 12 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise (2 cups; see Note)
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 8 oz skinless salmon fillet (3/4 to 1 in. thick)
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced mint
Note: Leeks are naturally sandy, so clean well before using. Soak leek slices in a bowl of water. Agitate to release sand; rinse and drain.
- Bring a 5- to 6-qt pot of water to a boil. Add salt to flavor the water. Then add pasta and cook as package directs. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a 12-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leek, 1/2 cup broth, and the salt and pepper; simmer and cook 1 minute.
- Place salmon on leeks; cover. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until leeks are tender and salmon is cooked.
- Transfer salmon to a plate. Add the remaining 3/4 cup of broth and the lemon zest to the skillet; bring to a simmer.
- Break up salmon. Place in pasta pot along with drained pasta, leek mixture, sour cream and mint. Toss to mix.
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 73g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Back to Healthy Recipes