Lime & Spice Grilled Chicken Breasts
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced jalapeño pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3 1/2 lb; we used Perdue Perfect Portions)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Chopped cilantro, lime and orange wedges
- Combine oil, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, jalapeño pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Transfer 1 cup of the lime juice mixture and the sugar to a 2-gallon ziptop freezer bag; seal bag and turn a few times to mix. Add chicken breasts; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate overnight, occasionally turning bag. Reserve remaining lime juice mixture (about 2/3 cup).
- Brush grill with oil or coat with nonstick grilling spray. Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Put reserved lime juice mixture and cilantro in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove chicken breasts from bag (discard liquid in bag). Grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Place chicken on a platter. Garnish with chopped cilantro and fruit if desired. Serve hot or at room temperature with cilantro sauce.
Planning Tip: Chicken breasts can be grilled a day ahead; bring them to room temperature before serving. Blend cilantro sauce the day of serving, otherwise sauce will discolor.
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
Dietary Fiber: 0
Back to Healthy Recipes