This delicious whole-grain pesto pasta gives you great flavor without the excess calories.
- 8 oz. linguini, whole-wheat or blended whole-wheat
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 T toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 T freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to directions. In a blender or food processor, combine the basil, parsley, oil, nuts and garlic. Pulse to finely chop. Sprinkle with cheese. With the machine running, add the broth a little at a time until blended. Add more broth if needed.
Toss pesto sauce with pasta and serve. Pair with a simple salad or lightly steamed vegetable.
Back to Healthy Recipes