Roasted Spaghetti Squash, Tomatoes & Zucchini
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 spaghetti squash, about 3 1/2 lb
- 1 large zucchini (about 1 lb)
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Position oven racks to divide oven into thirds. Heat oven to 425ºF. Line two 15 x 10 x 1/2-in. baking pans with nonstick foil.
- Halve tomatoes; place tomatoes, 3 Tbsp oil and the garlic in a 13 x 9-in. baking dish. Halve spaghetti squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Brush the cut surface of the squash with a little of the oil; place the squash flesh-side down on a foil-lined pan. Quarter zucchini lengthwise and cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Place the zucchini on the other foil-lined pan; toss with remaining oil.
- Roast tomatoes and spaghetti squash on top rack 40 minutes until you can easily pierce the skin of the squash. Roast zucchini on bottom rack 30 minutes, tossing once, until tender and slightly browned.
- Scrape strands of spaghetti squash into a large bowl. Toss zucchini with roasted tomatoes, the salt and pepper; spoon over spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.
Note: Tomatoes cooked in a little olive oil release more flavonoids.
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
Back to Healthy Recipes