Chickpea and Feta Salad
Feta cheese and chickpeas lend a Mediterranean flair to this satisfying side salad. Eat a double portion for a vegetarian lunch, using the chickpeas as your main source of protein.
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cups peeled, seeded diced cucumber
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Place chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion, olive oil, vinegar and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix until coated.
Back to Healthy Recipes