Crunchy Quinoa Almond Cranberry Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat quinoa and water to boiling in a 2 quart saucepan; reduce heat and simmer covered for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
Remove pan from heat and let sit 5 minutes then fluff quinoa with a fork and cool to room temperature.
Add carrots, almonds, cranberries and parsley to blend.
Mix oil and vinegar together and drizzle over quinoa salad; mix well.
Serve warm or refrigerate for a chilled whole grain salad.
77 calories from fat (37%)
1g saturated fat