Boardwalk Italian Beef Sandwiches
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 hours
Serves 6 sandwiches
- 3 lb. beef rump roast,
trimmed of visible fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (11 or 12 oz.) pepperoncini peppers, sliced
(reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 pouch (0.7 oz.) Italian
salad dressing mix (we used Good Seasons®)
- 2 tsp. garlic
- 6 hoagie or hero rolls, split
- Serve with: arugula, tomato slices
Good Seasons is a registered trademark owned by Kraft Foods Holdings, Inc., General Foods Corporation.
- Place beef and onion in a 3 1/2-qt. or larger slow cooker. Add water, pepper juice, salad dressing mix and garlic. (If you have time, cover and place in the refrigerator to let beef marinate for several hours, turning occasionally.)
- Brush cut sides of rolls with some of the cooking liquid.
- Transfer beef to cutting board; slice thinly. Serve on rolls with arugula, sliced tomatoes and sliced peppers.
Saturated Fat: 4g
Dietary Fiber: 4g