Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 hours
- 2 cups fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks (white and pale green parts only), rinsed and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 12 oz. small red potatoes,
- 1 jar (26 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry red wine (optional)
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- 24 cleaned mussels
- 12 sea scallops, halved if very large
- 1 lb. skinless halibut fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Sourdough bread and olive oil for
- Mix all ingredients except seafood in a 5-qt. or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Raise heat to high; stir in seafood. Cover and cook 20 to 40 minutes until mussels open and seafood is cooked.
Note: When cleaning mussels, discard any that do not close when you tap them. After cooking the mussels, discard any that have not opened.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 4g