Green Turkey Chili
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 hours
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 turkey thighs (1 lb. each), skin removed
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) white kidney
beans (cannellini beans), rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium green
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream, shredded Monterey
- Put turkey thighs on top of onion in a 3 1/2-qt. or larger slow cooker. Add beans and corn. Mix salsa, chiles, garlic, cumin and salt in a medium bowl; pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours until meat is tender. Transfer turkey to a cutting board. Pull off the meat from the bones and cut meat into bite-size pieces; discard bones.
- Return meat to cooker; stir in cilantro.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 7g