Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 medium red onion, finely
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 2 tsp. salt-free Cajun-Creole
seasoning (we used The Spice Hunter®)
- 12 oz. peeled large shrimp (21 to
The Spice Hunter is a registered trademark of The C. F. Sauer Company.
- Layer onion, pepper, celery and turkey kielbasa in a 3 1/2-qt. or larger slow cooker.
- Mix tomatoes and their juices, rice and seasoning in a medium bowl, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Stir in shrimp, cover and cook 20 minutes until cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley and hot sauce.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 3g