Moo Shu Pork
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 9 hours
- One 2-lb. boneless pork
loin roast, fat trimmed, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups bagged shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallions
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. sugar
- 20 flour tortillas, warmed
- Hoisin sauce and sliced scallions (optional)
- Put pork, 1/3 cup hoisin sauce and the ginger in a 3 1/2-qt. or larger slow cooker. Turn pork to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 9 hours or until pork is very tender. Turn off cooker. Transfer pork to a cutting board and, using two forks, pull meat into shreds. Return pork to cooker.
- Toss cabbage, carrots, scallions, vinegar and sugar in a bowl to mix.
- Spread each tortilla with about 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of hoisin sauce. Top with about 1⁄3 cup cabbage mixture and 1⁄4 cup of the shredded pork.
Saturated Fat: 3g
Dietary Fiber: 3g