Spring Vegetable and Chicken Stew
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours
- 1 slow cooker liner (we used Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners)
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in chunks
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 jar (12 oz.) chicken gravy
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut in 1- to 2-in. lengths
- 1⁄3 cup thawed frozen peas
Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners is a trademark of Reynolds Foil Inc.
- Line a 3-qt. or larger slow cooker. Put chicken, carrots, leeks and tarragon in slow cooker. Pour in gravy. Put wine, flour and salt in gravy jar; cover and shake to mix. Pour into slow cooker; toss chicken to coat. Cover and cook on low 5 to 8 hours until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Turn to high. Add asparagus; cover and cook on high 10 to 15 minutes until asparagus are crisp-tender. Stir in peas.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 2g