Thai Chicken Legs with Vegetables
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours
- 1 can (14 oz.) light or regular coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry base (such as A TASTE OF THAI®)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 each chicken drumsticks and thighs (about 2 1⁄2 lbs.), skin and excess fat removed
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, quartered and sliced
- 2 cups frozen cut okra or green beans
- Fresh mint leaves, cut in strips
A TASTE OF THAI is a registered trademark owned by Andre Prost, Inc.
- Whisk coconut milk, flour and curry base in a 4-qt. or larger slow cooker until smooth. Whisk in garlic and salt. Add chicken, onion and carrots; stir to mix. Scatter bell pepper over top.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours until chicken and vegetables are tender. Stir in frozen okra; cover and cook 5 minutes or until crisptender. Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Whisk sauce in cooker until smooth. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle servings with mint.
Saturated Fat: 5g
Dietary Fiber: 7g