Chicken & Vegetable Soup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced baby or small zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 4 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp each lemon juice and snipped dill
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in orzo; boil 9 minutes or until almost tender.
- Stir in squash and white part of scallions; cook 1 minute. Add chicken and peas; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables and orzo are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, dill and scallion greens.
Plan ahead: Slice veggies and chicken a day ahead and refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 1g
Saturated Fat: 0
Total Carbohydrates: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Back to Healthy Recipes