Checklists to Take on Your Visit
Be a Smart Patient
Download the smart patient app to help you keep track of key health numbers, record doctors' instructions, get checklists and more.
Consider these checklists to help you prepare for your next doctor's visit.
- Doctor's visit checklist Even if it's just a routine checkup, review this checklist before any doctor's appointment. Download Doctor Visit Checklist (PDF format)
- Diagnosis checklist If your doctor diagnoses you with a problem or condition, get the full facts by ticking off these questions. Download Diagnosis Checklist (PDF format)
- Prescription checklist Ask your doctor these questions every time she prescribes a new medication. Download Prescription Checklist (PDF format)
- Test checklist If your doctor wants you to have an MRI, a CT scan or some other specialty test, ask these questions. Download Test Checklist (PDF format)
- Healthy heart checklist It's important to know what you can do to start living a healthy heart lifestyle. Download Healthy Heart Checklist (PDF format)
- Cancer care checklist Bring this card with you the next time you visit your doctor. Download Cancer Care Checklist (PDF format)
- Surgery checklist When your doctor says, "You need surgery," that's your cue to find out the details. Download Surgery Checklist (PDF format)
- Discharge checklist Review your discharge plan with both your in-hospital doctor and your primary care doctor. Download Discharge Checklist (PDF format)