COVID-19 Post PHE FAQs to help you answer client questions
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released guidance that ended the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) on May 11, 2023 and the President’s National Emergency (NE), which ended April 10 and will go back to normal timely filing for claims, appeals, COBRA and special enrollments after the Outbreak Period ends on July 10, 2023.
The COVID-19 post PHE FAQs address changes when the PHE and NE ends.
As always. we recommend customers discuss any changes with their own counsel and tax professional.
Please note that this information is for employers, brokers and consultants. Our UnitedHealthcare members can find answers to their questions on myuhc.com.
COVID-19 Post Public Health Emergency and National Emergency
Download Post Public Health Emergency (PHE) and National Emergency (NE) FAQs
Updated May 12, 2023 | 1:05 PM CST
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 site
- “What Do I Need to Know: CMS Waivers, Flexibilities, and the Transition Forward from the End of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.”
- Statement on HR 382 & HJR 7 – Administration Policy ending PHE and NE
- Statement on HR 497 OMB Administration Policy Statement on Vaccines
- California Post PHE requirements
- Tri-Agency FAQs Part 58