The greatest health strengths and challenges in New Hampshire
The recently released “America’s Health Rankings 2022 Annual Report” uncovered several health strengths and challenges in New Hampshire.
New Hampshire is ranked 1st in the country for overall health – an improvement from a ranking of 6 in 20191 – according to America’s Health Rankings 2022 Annual Report. Below is a summary of the positive and negative factors that contributed to this ranking.2
New Hampshire health strengths
- Low premature death rate
- Low percentage of household food insecurity
- Low income inequality
- 32% decrease in smoking from 18% to 12.3% of adults between 2016 and 2021
- 19% decrease in uninsured from 6.3% to 5.1% of the population between 2019 and 2021
New Hampshire health challenges
- High prevalence of excessive drinking
- High Black/white residential segregation
- Low percentage of community water supply with fluoridated water
- 17% increase in depression from 20% to 23.4% of adults between 2019 and 2021
What this means for employers
Employers who do business or have employees living in the state of New Hampshire may want to consider programs or benefits that can help support their employee population and guide them to better health decisions.
The real people behind these numbers are what make the work ahead so critically important. Despite the challenges ahead, I remain optimistic that the health system can rise to the moment to address long-standing disparities and improve the health and well-being of all Americans, for this generation and the next.
Breaking down the findings from America’s Health Rankings 2022 Annual Report
The latest findings highlight some of the greatest health challenges and strengths across the nation, with racial and ethnic disparities coming into sharp focus.
Uncover more ways to help clients save.
Discover plans, strategies and products that can improve engagement.
Find ways clients and their employees can simplify the experience, make healthier choices and lower costs.
Explore the innovative strategies that are helping make health care work better for employers and their employees.