Care Cash aims to help Pennsylvania members make healthier choices and save on care costs
When employees receive financial support for health care expenses through Care Cash, they may be able to save money, stay healthier and take ownership of their health.
Care Cash® will be included in platinum and gold non-HSA fully insured 2–50 plans with Jan. 1, 2023, or later effective dates in Pennsylvania, and upon renewal for current clients. It can also be embedded in 51–99 non-HSA fully insured plans with Dec. 1, 2022, and Jan. 1, 2023, effective dates. After January 1, Care Cash will be available as a buy-up for 51+ businesses.
Care Cash™ helps employees pay for certain health care costs and encourages them to use quality care. This preloaded debit card can be used for UnitedHealth Premium® provider visits, as well as network primary care provider visits, 24/7 Virtual Visits, urgent care visits and outpatient behavioral health visits.
How Care Cash works
- Employees receive information about Care Cash and can request the card on myuhc.com®.
- Once received and activated, the Care Cash card can be used for certain eligible health care expenses.
- Employees have access to viewing other programs and benefits through myuhc.com or can call a toll-free number for guidance.
With Care Cash
- Employees receive $200 per year for individual coverage or $500 for family coverage
- Remaining card balances roll over each plan year1
- New funds are loaded every plan year1
For more information, please download this flier and watch this video. For additional questions, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.