The greatest health strengths and challenges in Wyoming
The recently released “America’s Health Rankings 2022 Annual Report” uncovered several health strengths and challenges in Wyoming.
Wyoming is ranked 33rd in the country for overall health – a decline from a ranking of 19 in 20191 – according to America’s Health Rankings 2022 Annual Report. Below is a summary of the positive and negative factors that contributed to this ranking.2
Wyoming health strengths
- Low prevalence of multiple chronic conditions
- High reading proficiency among fourth grade public school students
- Low levels of air pollution
- 80% increase in HPV vaccination rate among adolescents ages 13 to 17 from 26.7% to 48% between 2016 and 2021
- 15% decrease in food insecurity from 13.2% to 11.2% of households between 2015 and 2017, as well as 2019 and 2021
Wyoming health challenges
- High occupational fatality rate
- Low adult flu vaccination rate
- High uninsured rate
- 14% increase in premature death from 8,000 to 9,141 years lost before age 75 per 100,000 population between 2019 and 2020
What this means for employers
Employers who do business or have employees living in the state of Wyoming may want to consider programs or benefits that can help support their employee population and guide them to better health decisions.
The real people behind these numbers are what make the work ahead so critically important. Despite the challenges ahead, I remain optimistic that the health system can rise to the moment to address long-standing disparities and improve the health and well-being of all Americans, for this generation and the next.
Breaking down the findings from America’s Health Rankings 2022 Annual Report
The latest findings highlight some of the greatest health challenges and strengths across the nation, with racial and ethnic disparities coming into sharp focus.
Uncover more ways to help clients save.
Discover plans, strategies and products that can improve engagement.
Find ways clients and their employees can simplify the experience, make healthier choices and lower costs.
Explore the innovative strategies that are helping make health care work better for employers and their employees.