All Savers: now available for companies with 100-300 employees
All Savers® is now available for businesses with 100–300 employees looking for alternatives to traditional plans without the same risk as self-funding.
- All states
- Products and services
UnitedHealthcare is always trying to find ways to help ease the financial burden of small and midsized businesses. All Savers® Alternate Funding now can provide an effective solution for businesses with 100–300 employees looking for alternatives to traditional fully insured plans without the same risk as self-funding.
All Savers availability will be expanded to include groups sized 100–300, as well as groups with over 100 eligible and at least 75 enrolled employees that fall into the following market and effective-date categories:
Aug. 1, 2020 Effective Dates
Sept. 1, 2020 Effective Dates
U.S. Virgin Islands
Additional markets will be added in the coming months.
About All Savers
All Savers plans go beyond traditional fully insured plans to give employers new ways to pay for health services, manage costs and help employees get more value from their benefits. Level-funded plans consist of 3 parts:
- Self-funded medical benefits plan: An employer’s premium rate is based on the claims experience of only that specific employer’s workforce.
- Stop loss insurance policy: Protects employers from large, catastrophic claims by a single, covered individual (Individual Stop Loss coverage or ISL) and provides overall coverage in the event all claims go beyond a certain dollar limit (Aggregate Stop Loss coverage or ASL).*
- Third-party claims administration agreement: This is the contract for claims administration services, such as claims processing, billing, reporting, enrollment, membership changes, materials fulfillment and customer service. With an All Savers plan, these services are provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc.
With an All Savers level-funded plan, the employers assume financial risk of providing health services to the employer group. Administrative fees, stop-loss premium and monthly maximum claim liability are set at the time of enrollment.
At the end of each plan year, if the total health claims are lower than anticipated, the employer may receive money back (where allowed by state law). If the total health claims are higher, they are covered by the stop loss insurance policy. Additional savings opportunities are available with these plans because medical plan premiums are typically taxed at lower rates, and they are not subject to many regulatory requirements and mandates.
All Savers key features
Employers will have access to the following with an All Savers level-funded plan:
- National networks: Choice (EPO), Choice Plus (PPO), Core (not available in all markets), Navigate/Charter EPO (not available in all markets)
- Plan design variety: Traditional, split copayment, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flex Focus, Tiered Benefits and PROformance
- $0 Primary Care Physician (PCP) Copays for Kids program for enrollees in copay-based medical plan designs in the traditional EPO/PPO plans
- Monthly financial reporting packages
- Increased stop loss amounts:
- ISLs up to $100,000 (varies by state)
- ASLs of 110%, 115%, 120%, and 125% (varies by state)
- Prescription Drug Lists: Advantage and Essential (not available in all markets)
- Myallsaversconnect.com for brokers, customers and employees
- All Savers Wellness Platform:
- Real Appeal®
- UnitedHealthcare Motion® (not available in all markets)
- Virtual care through HealthiestYouTM
Note: All Savers Alternate Funding groups size 5–50 will continue to utilize the existing Packaged Savings® program.
Please reach out to your UnitedHealthcare representative for more information.
*Stop loss coverage is issued by All Savers Insurance Company (except MA, MN and NJ), UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company in MA and MN, and UnitedHealthcare Life Insurance Company in NJ.
Not for Consumer Use.
New releases, updates and notifications for a broad spectrum of UnitedHealthcare products and services.
Important, required notices for products, plans, forms and more.
Need-to-know operational announcements for you and your clients.