Beginning April 1 in select states, optimized tools will help brokers better manage fully insured renewals
Enhancements to uhceservices.com and SAMx coming soon to brokers in AK, AR, HI, ID, IA, KS, LA, MA, MI, MS, MO, NE, NV, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, UT, WI and WY to help manage fully insured business.
- Select states
Beginning April 1, 2023, select fully insured employer groups based in Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming will begin to leverage this modernized experience from UnitedHealthcare on their upcoming renewal. Enhancements to uhceservices.com and SAMx, can help provide additional support to small business clients and some large group clients that have purchased standard UnitedHealthcare plans.
This powerful suite of online tools and resources is tailored to meet the needs of brokers and customers, and serves as the front door to all other sites currently in use, including United eServices® and myallsavers.com.
Now, for a more streamlined experience, brokers will be able to access both the qualified fully insured renewals and new business in certain states within uhceservices.com (replacing United eServices).
SAMx, an enhanced version of SAM, offers an easy-to-use interface for quoting and enrolling new UnitedHealthcare Affordable Care Act (ACA) business.
Now, brokers will be able to process renewing UnitedHealthcare ACA fully insured small business in SAMx. This includes shopping for plan alternates at renewal and processing your renewals.
Other impacts and communication timing
An important informational guide for employers will be included in the automated ACA renewal package. For 51+ clients, a copy will be provided with each client’s renewal.
This guide contains information clients need to know for their transition to the modernized experience.
1. Employer groups will receive a new group number at renewal.
- The new group number will be listed on ACA renewal packages, and if plan changes are made, on the plan change confirmation email after groups confirm their renewal with UnitedHealthcare
- The new group number will facilitate new member ID cards. This email template can be sent to enrolled members encouraging use of new ID cards. Brokers should consider working with impacted employer groups to send this information to their members
2. If clients use Optum Bank to administer their health savings account (HSA), UnitedHealthcare will transition all plan details automatically for enrolled members. New member debit cards are not necessary. In order to administer their plan, employer groups will receive an email from Optum Bank, including instructions on how to re-register with their new group number.
3. Based on a client’s current elections, there may be additional changes that are outlined in the guide, such as billing and payment information, and how they work with third party administrators (such as payroll and eligibility vendors).
4. Other than the new ID card, there is no impact for members.
- All members will use myuhc.com®. If a member is already registered on myuhc.com, they can continue to use the same Health Safe ID they use today
- Prior authorizations, accumulators and primary care provider elections will automatically transition with the member
Because of the complexity of managing health benefits, UnitedHealthcare will introduce products, group size segments and funding types to these new tools in thoughtfully planned and sequenced stages. Throughout the process, anything not yet supported on the new tools will continue to be supported on existing UnitedHealthcare systems until they are transitioned.
Brokers will receive additional information and training on the capabilities in the near future.
For more information, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.
New releases, updates and notifications for a broad spectrum of UnitedHealthcare products and services.
Important, required notices for products, plans, forms and more.
Need-to-know operational announcements for you and your clients.