Peloton and UnitedHealthcare make fitness and wellness more accessible
UnitedHealthcare expands access to more on-demand fitness offerings with Peloton.
- All states
- Integrated benefits
UnitedHealthcare and Peloton are helping improve access to innovative fitness and well-being resources. Starting Sept. 1, 2021, eligible fully insured UnitedHealthcare members and Dec. 1, 2021, Level Funded NavigateNOW participants1 will have access to a new wellness offering that offers up to 12 months of the Peloton®️ App Membership at no additional cost to them.
In addition, beginning Nov. 22, 2021 – March 22, 2022, we will be offering special pricing for members to purchase the Peloton Bike, Bike+ or Tread. That’s a savings of up to $200 off current retail prices.2
Many Americans are turning to on-demand exercise options to help improve their fitness and bolster their overall well-being. According to market research firm, The NPD Group, health and fitness equipment sales more than doubled to $2.3 billion from March to October 2020. The UnitedHealthcare offer is the first of its kind between Peloton and a health plan, providing millions of UnitedHealthcare members and NavigateNOW participants the opportunity to register for the Peloton App Membership, which may help them along their journeys toward better health.
“Expanding access to Peloton’s industry leading health and wellness community builds upon our commitment to developing digital health resources and consumer-centric benefits to help people live healthier lives,” said Bill Golden, CEO, UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual.
In addition to its connected fitness equipment, Peloton offers a fitness app that enables users to stream live and on-demand fitness classes with or without equipment. Peloton offers content and features that help foster a sense of community and encourage healthier lifestyles. Members and plan participants may also purchase the Peloton Bike, Bike+ or Tread at special pricing.2
Through the offer, eligible UnitedHealthcare members and NavigateNOW participants may get 12 consecutive months of the Peloton App Membership (a $155 value) as part of their plan benefits at no additional cost. UnitedHealthcare members and NavigateNOW participants who already own a Peloton Bike, Bike+ or Tread will receive the equivalent value – a four-month subscription to the Peloton All-Access Membership.
The Peloton App Membership includes access to:
- A library with thousands of live and on-demand classes accessible through phone, TV or tablet. Classes include strength, yoga, outdoor running, walking, indoor cycling, meditation and more
- Expert instructors at every level
- Artist collaborations and instructor curated playlists
- Metrics and tracking features that guide progress
Most fully insured and NavigateNOW customers will be eligible for the Peloton App Membership offer. No action is required on behalf of the employer to participate. However, the program is not available to Federal Employees Health Benefits members, private exchanges, Individual Exchange Members, Harvard Pilgrim and/or any additional customer groups that do not access myuhc.com for their digital experience.
For more information about the program, visit www.uhc.com/peloton, or contact your UnitedHealthcare broker or representative.
- Offer valid through 6/30/22. Available to fully insured and UnitedHealthcare Level Funded NavigateNOW customers in applicable UnitedHealthcare plans who register for an account with Peloton. Subject to state legal and regulatory review. Eligible participants may receive a Peloton App Membership, valued at $12.99/month for 12-months or $155/year. Must be 18+ years of age and covered under an applicable health plan or a participant in a NavigateNOW plan. UnitedHealthcare members and NavigateNOW participants that own a Peloton Bike or Tread can receive equivalent value ($155/year) to be credited to an All-Access Membership. Credit to All-Access membership is limited to one per family. Peloton offers its memberships, equipment and other services directly to consumers pursuant to an agreement between Peloton and the consumer. The value of the membership may be taxable. You should consult with an appropriate tax professional to determine if you have any tax obligations from having access to this application at no additional cost. Offer available for UnitedHealthcare Level Funded NavigateNOW customers in the following markets: AR, FL, IN, MA, MN, PA, VA, and TX. Includes members of an eligible Oxford plan. Oxford insurance products are underwritten by Oxford Health Insurance, Inc. Oxford HMO products are underwritten by Oxford Health Plans (CT), Inc. and Oxford Health Plans (NJ), Inc. Administrative services provided by Oxford Health Plans LLC.
- Fully insured and UnitedHealthcare Level Funded NavigateNOW customers only. Hardware offer also includes 4-month waiver on the Peloton All-Access Membership. Visit myuhc.com/peloton to access offer codes. Offer is valid Nov. 22, 2021 – March 22, 2022. Only 1 hardware offer allowed per member/participant. Visit onepeloton.com for product details. The information provided under this program is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be nor should be construed as medical advice. You should consult with an appropriate health care professional before beginning any exercise program and/or to determine what may be right for you. Offer available for UnitedHealthcare Level Funded NavigateNOW customers in the following markets: AR, FL, IN, MA, MN, VA, and TX.
Uncover more ways to help clients save.
Discover plans, strategies and products that can improve engagement.
Find ways clients and their employees can simplify the experience, make healthier choices and lower costs.