UnitedHealthcare FlexWork program brings new coverage solutions to the intermittent workforce
UnitedHealthcare FlexWork is a customizable solution that provides employees with flexible, potentially more affordable, employer-sponsored alternatives to the existing non-employer coverage options.
- All states
- Products and services
Increasingly, many employers are adopting an agile workforce strategy and filling historically full-time roles with part-time, limited-time, seasonal and contract workers.1 As the alternative workforce continues to grow post-COVID-19, employers are faced with new challenges for providing health coverage – an important benefit for recruitment, retention and employee affinity – which may be more affordable for both the employer and the employee.
The UnitedHealthcare FlexWorkTM program gives employers with 3,000 or more employees a new strategy to address the need for a more affordable benefits program for employees who typically are non-benefits eligible. FlexWork is a customizable solution that provides employees with flexible, potentially more affordable, employer-sponsored alternatives to the existing non-employer coverage options.
FlexWork options are designed for specific W-2 segments of employer groups within many industries such as retail, hospitality, transportation, staffing firms and many others, including:
Non-benefits eligible employee segments
- Part-time, seasonal and hourly employees
- Variable-hour contingent staffing firm contractors (<30 hours/week, not full-time)
Benefits eligible employee segments
- Full-time hourly or salaried workers who opt out of the employer’s major medical health plan offering
- Non-variable-hour contingent staffing firm contractors (>30 hours/week, full-time)
The FlexWork program combines a broad range of Group limited medical and ancillary benefit plan options with optional specialized benefits administration and discount programs that are designed to enhance the overall member experience, including:
- Medical/Bronze Minimum Value Plans for non-variable-hour full-time contractors employed by staffing firms who need an MVP for ACA compliance
- Limited Medical/Sub-Bronze Minimum Essential Coverage no deductibles, no coinsurance coverage for everyday health care needs
- UnitedHealthcare Preventive Plan where a lower premium equivalent may be an important consideration
- Ancillary coverage: dental, vision, hospital indemnity, enhanced hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident
- Specialized benefits administration2
- Additional optional programs include Benefit HUB Discount Site, Optum Perks™, GetCovered3
Reach out to your broker or UnitedHealthcare representative to learn more.
New releases, updates and notifications for a broad spectrum of UnitedHealthcare products and services.
Important, required notices for products, plans, forms and more.
Need-to-know operational announcements for you and your clients.
- Hr Research Institute: The State of the Free Agent Nation and Contingent Workforce 2020: Leverage new work arrangements to boost agility and productivity .
- Delivered through Benefit Harbor.
- If data shows a significant percentage are likely eligible for ACA or Medicaid.
Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or its affiliates. Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. and UnitedHealthcare Service LLC in NY, or their affiliates. Noninsurance services are offered only on specific lines of coverage and are not insurance. These services may be modified or terminated at any time, may not be available in all states and may vary depending on state laws and regulations. Not available in New York and Washington.