UnitedHealthcare Level Funded launching for new business, effective Nov. 1
New UnitedHealthcare Level Funded plans will offer expanded networks and plan features to small and large groups, beginning Nov. 1, 2021.
- All states
- Products and services
UnitedHealthcare Level Funded will be available in additional, select states to quote new small business (5–99 employees) and large group (100–300 employees) customers with health plans effective Nov. 1, 2021. The States where UnitedHealthcare Level Funded plans will be available include: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IN, MA, MD, ME, MN, NM, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA and WY. These new markets are a significant expansion of level-funded offerings from UnitedHealthcare. UnitedHealthcare Level Funded is already offered AL, DE, ND and SD, and Oxford Level Funded plans are available in CT and NJ.
The UnitedHealthcare Level Funded experience
UnitedHealthcare Level Funded can be sold as a standalone medical plan or paired with dental and vision specialty benefits. The plan offers a wide range of plan and network options, paired with plan participant wellness programs, virtual visits and a mobile app that allows plan participants to more easily access their plan information.
The uhceservices.com website provides a powerful suite of online tools and resources tailored to meet broker and plan sponsor needs. Plan participants will go to myuhc.com® to access claims and account information, find network providers and manage their benefits.
SAMx – Level Funded
This updated tool for quoting and enrolling 5–50 business features an easy-to-use interface with:
- A smooth experience to quote medical and specialty products.
- SAMx Enrollment Manager, which has a flexible interface to complete enrollment and submit for installation.
- Features that simplify changing a group’s plan or products and adding or removing plan participants and dependents.
In the coming weeks, brokers will receive invitations to training sessions on the new capabilities available with UnitedHealthcare Level Funded.
Networks and plan features
UnitedHealthcare Level Funded offers plan options designed to fit a variety of needs, including:
- A national network – UnitedHealthcare Choice/Choice Plus, UnitedHealthcare Navigate®/UnitedHealthcare Charter® or UnitedHealthcare Core/Core Essential.
- Plan design varieties, such as traditional (standard copay, deductible and coinsurance), High-Deductible Health Plan, Tiered Benefits (Advanced and PROformance), Primary Focus and Flex Focus.
- $0 Primary Care Physician Copays for Kids program for enrollees in copay-based medical plan designs in traditional EPO/PPO plans.
- Monthly financial reporting packages.
- Choice of Prescription Drug Lists – Advantage or Essential.
- Surplus refund for the plan sponsor if medical claims are lower than expected. (Available only where allowed by state law.)
- Individual medical underwriting and member level census underwriting depending on group size.
- Simplified contract for customers unfamiliar with level funding – no back-end claim exposure for the plan sponsor; no terminal liability requirements or deficit carry-forward.
- Low individual and aggregate attachment levels to limit claim exposure.
- Increased stop loss amounts for large groups:
- Individual Stop Loss up to $100,000 (varies by state).
- Aggregate Stop Loss of 110%, 115%, 120% and 125% (varies by state).
Marketing materials are in development and will be posted on uhceservices.com once finalized.
Contact your UnitedHealthcare representative for more information on networks, plan designs and other features included with UnitedHealthcare Level Funded.
Not all networks and plan feature are available in all markets. The Level Funded product is available under the Oxford Level Funded brand in Connecticut and New Jersey. Existing All Savers® Alternate Funding groups will continue to renew on its existing platform and continue to utilize the same websites and customer service teams as they do today.
Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates, and UnitedHealthcare Service LLC in NY. Stop-loss insurance is underwritten by All Savers Insurance Company (except CA, MA, MN, NJ and NY), UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company in MA and MN, UnitedHealthcare Life Insurance Company in NJ, UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York in NY, and All Savers Life Insurance Company of California in CA.
New releases, updates and notifications for a broad spectrum of UnitedHealthcare products and services.
Important, required notices for products, plans, forms and more.
Need-to-know operational announcements for you and your clients.