Skip to main content
Main Content

UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Minnesota for Families and Children  Frequently Asked Questions

If you are not enrolled in Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare, you may be eligible. To find out if you qualify or have questions about your current coverage:

Yes, you will get a member Identification (ID) card from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. Every family member enrolled with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Minnesota should have his or her own ID card.

You will need your UnitedHealthcare Community Plan ID card for all visits to the doctor, hospital, and pharmacist. If you haven't received your ID cards within one week of your effective date of enrollment with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, please contact Member Services at 1-888-269-5410. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY 711.

We will be happy to send you a new one. Please contact Member Services toll-free, at 1-888-269-5410. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711. You can also go to, register and print a copy of your card.

If you move, you should contact your county or financial worker to report address changes. You will need to contact the State of Minnesota as well. Visit Manage Your Account / MNsure or call 1-800-657-3739

Medicaid is a program funded by the federal and state governments, which pays for medical care for those who qualify. For more information about that different programs available in Minnesota, visit

We want to hear from our members about any questions, complaints, grievances or concerns you may have. If you have a complaint or grievance, please call Member Services toll-free, at 1-888-269-5410, TTY 711.

If you are not happy with the response from a Member Services Advocate, Care Manager or Member Services, you may file a complaint. You may file a complaint or grievance against us (the health plan) or a provider with us. You can file a grievance anytime.

Members may file a grievance verbally with a Member Services Advocate, Care Manager, or call Member Services from 8 am to 6 pm Local Time, Monday through Friday, at 1-888-269-5410, TTY 711. All members can file a grievance through this process.

If you would like to submit a written grievance please reach out to member services at 1-888-269-5410 TTY 711, 8 am – 6 pm, Monday – Friday, local time.

Members may also file a written grievance by sending it to:

Grievances and Appeals
P.O. Box 31364
Salt Lake City, UT 84131-0364

In your letter, please include your name, address, subscriber ID numbers, the reason for your grievance, and any other information you think is important.

For detailed information about complaints and appeals, contact Member Services or view the Appeals and Grievances section of the Member Handbook.

Fraud and abuse are serious offenses. There can be penalties under law. You can report fraud or abuse by calling Member Services at 1-888-269-5410, TTY 711. You do not have to provide your name.

For more information or to report online go here.

Learn More

Minnesota Families and Children and Minnesota Care