Support for members affected by severe weather
The health, safety and well-being of members who may be affected by severe weather is a top priority for UnitedHealthcare. We have taken the following actions to help support your needs.
Help finding a network provider, early refills
Plan participants who need help finding a health care provider in the UnitedHealthcare network or obtaining early prescription refills can call customer care at the number on their member ID cards.
Download the UnitedHealthcare mobile app to access your member ID card, conduct a Virtual Visit and more
- If you have a smartphone, you can download (at no additional cost) the UnitedHealthcare app, which may provide you on-demand access to your member ID card, details about your prescription medications, network providers, account information and more.
- The app also enables eligible plan participants to directly schedule and conduct a Virtual Visit with a doctor1 or arrange a callback from a UnitedHealthcare customer service advocate.
- The app is available now for download for Android®™ and Apple® devices to people enrolled in eligible UnitedHealthcare health benefit plans.
Free help line
A free emotional-support help line is available toll-free at 866-342-6892 and will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for as long as necessary. The service is free of charge and open to anyone. Specially trained Optum mental health specialists help people manage stress and anxiety so you can continue to address your everyday needs. Callers may also receive referrals to community resources to help you with specific concerns, including financial and legal matters.
Along with the toll-free help line, emotional-support resources and information are available online at www.liveandworkwell.com.
It is also likely that the COVID-19 pandemic may require additional modifications to your usual response and preparation activity. In the event of an evacuation, continue to follow all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health department guidelines. If you wish to learn more about UnitedHealthcare’s actions to support those affected by COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 Resource Center.
- Additional out-of-pocket costs may be required for telemedicine services depending on the plan and any applicable state requirements.
- Most UnitedHealthcare employer-sponsored plan participants have access to the callback feature.