Group Senior Supplement Plans
Enhance your retirees' Original Medicare (Medicare Parts A & B) plan benefits with UnitedHealthcare's Senior Supplement plan - created just for group-sponsored retirees.
UnitedHealthcare’s Senior Supplement plans enable you to continue to offer traditional group medical coverage to Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents while helping reduce your financial risk. These plans can be used in a variety of ways, including a national coverage solution or an out-of-area complement to Medicare Advantage plans.
How can Group Senior Supplement plans benefit my organization?
Group Senior Supplement plans may free you from claims risk while providing your retirees with quality medical coverage. Retirees can benefit from:
- Flexible plan designs. Choose from 16 standard insurance plan designs. Custom plans are available for large groups.
- Reduced financial risk. All UnitedHealthcare® Senior Supplement insurance plans are fully insured, allowing you to predict costs more effectively.
- Medicare Part D coverage option. Add a Part D prescription drug insurance plan to provide more complete retiree health care coverage. Save money and end your reliance on the RDS program.
- Support team. Knowledgeable, retiree-focused sales representatives and client management teams to help support you.
- Extra benefits compared to Original Medicare. Optional rider benefits for vision, hearing and chiropractic coverage.
- Split billing. This convenient billing feature is available at no additional cost.
Where are the plans available?
Senior Supplement plans are available nationally to employers with contract sites in 43 states plus Washington, D.C. and the US Virgin Islands. Plans are not available for Florida, Louisiana, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Washington State.
How many plans can an employer choose from?
Choose from sixteen standard Senior Supplement plans or create a customized plan.
How do these plans benefit retirees?
Senior Supplement plans help your retirees get more comprehensive medical coverage. Retirees can benefit from:
- Single premium rate and plan design. Regardless of retiree’s place of residence or health conditions.
- Freedom to choose. Retirees have the freedom to choose any doctor, specialist and hospital that accepts Medicare – no provider network, no referrals required to see a specialist.
- Portability. Coverage can go with retirees if they move or have multiple residences.
- No more retiree claim forms. Virtually no claim forms. We receive claims directly from Medicare via crossover process.
- 24/7 NurseLine. Access to registered nurses for questions and resources any time or day.
- Personal and convenient service. Retiree-focused customer care professionals from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, 5 days a week.
Additional programs & services
Some Senior Supplement plans may also offer valuable features and benefits such as fitness, caregiver support and decision support programs.
Get a personalized quote
Call us at 1-800-496-5881 about UnitedHealthcare plans and to ask for a quote.
Discover how Retiree Solutions can help your organization
Call us at:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST)
Monday through Friday