Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans
Help avoid high prescription drug costs. By offering one of our Group Medicare Part D plans or individual Medicare Part D plans, employers/plan sponsors can give their retirees prescription drug coverage that's cost effective, convenient, predictable and easy to use.
Our experience working with employers and CMS makes UnitedHealthcare a leader in the health care industry. UnitedHealthcare Medicare Part D prescription drug plans have national reach and provide excellent retiree service, stability of a large organization and financial pricing integrity.
How can my organization benefit from Part D plans?
- Flexible plan designs. Standard group plan designs and three individual plans, including plans with and without enhanced gap coverage. Custom group plan designs may be able to replicate existing plan designs for larger groups.
- Group plan availability. Group plans offer consistent premium and plan designs in all states, plus the U.S. territories.
- Medicare-specific formularies. Formularies are designed to serve the unique needs of Medicare-eligible adults.
- Significantly lower costs Plans are cheaper than Original Medicare Part D prescription drug plans (typical plan sponsor saves $40 to $70 per member per month) lower FAS 106/GASB 43/45 liabilities — without reducing benefits.
- Simplified administration. Facilitated group enrollment process means less administrative work for you.
- Support Team. Knowledgeable, retiree-focused sales representatives and client management teams to support you.
- Split billing. This billing feature is available at no additional cost. Subsidize part or all of the premium for some or all of your retirees.
- Eliminates the need for Retiree Drug Subsidy (RDS). No need to file and recognize it as taxable income
Rx administration by OptumRx, our wholly-owned pharmacy benefit manager
Where are the plans available?
We offer group and individual Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans throughout all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and the five U.S. territories.
Group and Individual Part D Prescription Drug Plans
Medicare Part D prescription drug plans are privately insured and administered plans that provide help with the cost of prescription drugs for people eligible for Medicare. A Medicare Part D plan is separate from Original Medicare, which includes Medicare Parts A and B. Medicare Part D plans are available:
- As standalone plans.
- In conjunction with a Medicare supplement plan.
- As part of a Medicare Advantage plan that includes Part D prescription drug coverage.
Part D with Wrap Plan
This combination enables the plan sponsor to take advantage of the pharmaceutical manufacturers' 50% discount program for Part D covered brand-name to provide additional coverage beyond standard CMS benefit levels or to cover drugs not eligible under Part D. This can help provide a low total cost solution for a given level of coverage.
How do these plans benefit retirees?
Our Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans protect retirees from rising drug costs today and in the future. Retirees may get:
- National Pharmacy Network. Over 65,000 retail locations, plus the convenience and savings of home delivery
- Broad formularies. Group plans cover 100% of Medicare Part D eligible drugs. Bonus drug lists offer further coverage
- National Coverage that goes wherever the retiree goes
- Reduced out-of-pocket costs. The pharmaceutical industry’s 50% (approximate) discount on most brand name drugs in the coverage gap
- Financial predictability. Low premiums and predictable copayments can help retirees manage their health care budget
- Personal and convenient service. Retiree-focused Customer Care Professionals available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, 5 days a week
- Preferred pharmacy network. Even lower cost sharing at preferred network pharmacies
Get a personalized quote
Call us at 1-800-496-5881 about UnitedHealthcare plans and to ask for a quote.
Discover how Retiree Solutions can help your organization
Call us at:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST)
Monday through Friday