Health Savings Account (HSA)
The HSA combines the flexibility of a medical insurance plan with the cost effectiveness of a tax-advantaged savings account.
HSAs help your employees play a larger role in their own health care by letting them:
- Access health coverage in the form of an Annual Deductible Health Plan1
- Enjoy 100 percent coverage for in-network preventive care services
- Choose from a variety of cost-effective health and wellness services
- Opt for a tax-advantaged health savings account with multiple trustee and investment choices
- Use our innovative phone- and web-based health management tools
We also provide the personal support to our members that allow them to get the most out of their account. All of the following are available via myuhc.com.
- Use online calculators to calculate future savings and contribution amounts
- View account balance, monthly statements, and more
- Set up contributions and transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Check deposits or withdrawals
- Activate Health Savings Account MasterCardSM
- Set or reset phone or Web password
- Learn about investment options and more
View and print a description of the Group Coverage Consumer Driven HSA.
An integrated banking experience
At UnitedHealthcare, you not only have a partner with extensive experience in the health care industry, but a nationwide leader in HSA administration, Optum Bank, Member FDIC, ensuring the security of your account.
We offer you:
- A single point of contact
- Simpler enrollment and contribution process
- Integrated employee communications and enrollment
We offer your employees:
- Access to health and bank information, any time
- Use of online calculators to estimate out-of-pocket costs
- Time and money savings through more informed decision-making about medical treatments and overall wellness.
As a UnitedHealth Group company with more than $1 billion in deposits, Optum Bank is one of the few banks dedicated to health care. Combine that dedication and experience with a HSA from UnitedHealthcare, and you have a single relationship that you, and your employees, can count on.
Learn more about what Optum Bank can do for you.
How the plan works
Employees fund their individual HSAs with pre-tax dollars and employers can also contribute to this account.
Employees then use their HSA to pay for their health care expenses, including deductibles and coinsurance. Unused HSA funds belong to the employee.